Fried Coconut Shrimp
1. Peeled, deveined, and butterfly shrimp (26-30 count) or larger.
2. One 10 oz. pack of any Patton's Pride breading mix product.
3. Three eggs for an egg and buttermilk wash.
4. One bag sweetened coconut.
5. Optional dipping sauce: Sweet Orange Marmalade and Fresh Ground Horseradish (coarse cut).
Preheat oil to 375* (try to keep oil between 350*-375* while cooking). Fry four prepared shrimp at a time. Frying time will be 4.5 minutes per batch.
Dip one shrimp into egg and buttermilk wash. Dredge the shrimp in breading mix. Dip a second time in egg wash. In separate bowl, coat with fresh coconut. You will want to have a second bowl of clean fresh coconut in order to have ample coconut as each shrimp will require additional coconut . Apply as much coconut as the shrimp will hold. Set prepared shrimp off to the side in a bowl. Repeat three more times for a total of four shrimp. Place in hot oil for 4.5 minutes.